SEATRU Student Internship/Attachment Programme
April to October
Chagar Hutang, Redang Island, Malaysia
SEATRU offers internship/attachment for undergraduate and postgraduate from local and international universities. Internship students will be able to learn and participate the conservation and research activities conducted by SEATRU.
- Assisting SEATRU’s volunteer program every week.
- Conduct sea turtle nesting surveys. This work includes marking, relocating, and excavating sea turtle nests and recording all necessary data under the supervision of a research assistant and along with other volunteers.
- Assisting with SEATRU’s outreach programs.
- Entering data and/or creating materials using Word, Excel, Access, or other software.
- Students must have a letter from their university stating that the internship/attachment in order for them to graduate or to complete a mini project/assignment.
- Internship/attachment period: minimum of 4 weeks.
- Experience preferred but not required.
- Applicants must be able to tolerate adverse field conditions.
- This is an outdoor project so applicants need to have a strong interest in field biology and really big turtles.
- Passionate on wildlife conservation
NO SALARY. However, interns will be provided accommodation, food and all basic necessities ONLY on the island.
Additional Contact Information:
Interested applicants must send a cover letter (from university) and resume via email to Dr. Juanita Joseph (email@example.com).
* We do not accept UMT students for internship/attachment.
* 2011 internship/attachment are currently full. SORRY.