The major research conducted by SEATRU is the long-term tagging, nesting and in-situ egg incubation of sea turtles at Chagar Hutang. Other than that, SEATRU is also conducting other research on the biology, threats and restoration of sea turtles.
- Tagging and Nesting Biology of Sea Turtles
- Nest Analyses and Predation rates
- Tracking of Sea Turtles
- Genetic Study of Sea Turtles
– Population Genetics of Sea Turtles in Malaysia
– Paternity Study of Sea Turtles in Malaysia
– Determination of Sea Turtles Stocks at Feeding Ground Throughout Malaysian Waters